ABOUT CARDIUM: Business Strategy
Building upon our core products and product candidates, our strategic goal is to develop a portfolio of medical product candidates at various stages of development and to commercialize these products in a timely and effective manner. The key elements of our strategy are to:
- Advance forward our ASPIRE Generx® Clinical Study for patients with advanced coronary artery disease at major medical centers in Russia in connection with commercialization plans covering the marketing and sale of Generx in the Russian Federation (and CIS);
- Seek clinical development and commercialization partners for our Generx® product candidate in other newly-industrializing countries, such as India, China and Brazil, as a cost-effective front-line therapy for patients who may not have access to advanced surgical therapies, such as angioplasty/stents and coronary artery by-pass surgery;
- Secure commercialization partners for marketing and sales of our FDA-cleared Excellagen® advanced wound care product in the U.S., as well as internationally, and develop additional tissue regeneration product extensions to include small molecule drugs, peptides, stem cells, conditioned cell media, DNA-based biologic products, and Excellagen-based antimicrobials;
- Broaden and grow our To Go Brands® healthy nutraceutical supplement brand platform;
- Continue to review acquisitions of other companies and businesses, as well as licenses covering product opportunities and technologies on favorable economic terms consistent with Cardium's long-term business strategy.